What Metal Detectors Go the Deepest?
When you're metal finding, depth is important. If you want to find specific items, historical artefacts, or secret treasures, you need a metal detector that can go to deep places. In this thorough guide, we'll learn about deep-seeking metal detectors and look at some great goods from OKM, a well-known company in the field. Also, we'll talk about the kinds of things that each device is best at finding.
How to Figure Out Depth in Metal DetectionBefore we talk about how deep-seeking metal detectors work, it's important to understand what "depth" means when it comes to metal detectors. Several things affect the depth at which a metal detector can find and identify objects:
Detector Technology: The type of technology used in a metal detector is the most important factor in figuring out how deep it can go. Most devices that look for metal use either pulse induction (PI) or very low frequency (VLF) technology. However, you can find deeply buried metal and non-metal items with 3D Ground Scanners.
Coil Size and Shape: The deep range of the detector can be changed by the size and shape of the search coil. Larger coils usually work better at deeper depths, but they may be less sensitive to smaller objects.
Frequency: How deep a metal detector can go depends on how fast its electric field moves. Low-frequency scanners can usually find things that are deeper in the ground, but they may have trouble finding smaller things.
Ground Conditions: How deep you can dig depends on what the dirt or ground is made of. The deep range of a detector can be cut down by salty beach sand or dirt with a lot of minerals in it.
Target Type and Size: It also matters what kind and amount of goal you are looking for. Most of the time, bigger, more conductive items can be found at deeper depths than smaller, less conductive ones.
Now that we know what affects detecting depth, let's look at some metal detectors that are known for being able to find things deep underground, including some from OKM.
OKM's Deep-Seeking Metal Detectors
OKM is a company based in Germany that is known for making cutting-edge technology for finding metal and non-metal treasures. They make a variety of devices that can be used in different ways and are best at finding certain kinds of items. Here are a few of their deep-seeking 3D Ground Scanners and the kinds of things they are best at finding:
- Technology: The eXp 6000 is a ground-penetrating radar (GPR) device that uses advanced radar technology to reach amazing depths.
- Depth Range: This professional-grade device can look as far down as 30 meters (98.4 feet).
- Objects It Excels at Finding: The eXp 6000 is perfect for finding lost items, ancient constructions, and valuable treasures that are buried deep in the ground. It is very good at finding big artefacts and even smaller items with many parts.
- Applications: It is used a lot in archeological digs, geological studies, and treasure hunts.
- Notable Features: Offers 3D imaging, live streaming, and GPS tracking, making it one of the most flexible deep-seeking devices on the market
Technology: The Fusion Light uses a combination of 3D ground scanning and an integrated Magnetometer to provide excellent depth penetration.
Depth Range: It can detect objects at depths of up to 8 meters (26 feet).
Objects It Excels at Finding: The Fusion Light is well-suited for locating buried coins, jewelry, relics, and smaller metallic items.
Applications: Perfect for gold prospectors, treasure hunters and relic enthusiasts seeking to uncover historical artifacts and valuable collectibles.
Notable Features: Offers a lightweight and portable design, making it easy to transport to various search locations.
- Technology: The Rover C4 utilizes OKM's exclusive 3D ground scanning technology known for its deep-seeking capabilities.
Depth Range: It can detect objects buried as deep as 25 meters (82 feet).
Objects It Excels at Finding: The Rover C4 is an excellent choice for locating large artifacts, buried chests, precious metals (including gold), and valuable treasures hidden beneath up to significant depths.
Applications: Widely used in archaeological research, treasure hunting, and geological surveys.
Notable Features: Comes with a high-resolution color touchscreen and integrated GPS, enhancing usability and accuracy.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Deep-Seeking Metal Detector
While OKM offers some impressive deep-seeking detectors, selecting the right one for your needs involves considering a few key factors:
Budget: Determine your budget before shopping, as deep-seeking detectors vary in price.
Intended Use: Consider your specific metal detecting goals. Are you searching for large objects, small items, or complex structures?
Ground Conditions: Assess the ground conditions where you'll be detecting. Different detectors may perform better in specific soil types or environments.
Portability: If you plan to travel to various locations for metal detecting, a lightweight and portable detector may be more suitable.
Features: Look for features that enhance your detecting experience, such as GPS, 3D imaging, and real-time data streaming.
Coil Size: Depending on your intended use, you may need different coil sizes for optimal performance. Larger coils are better for greater depths, while smaller ones may be more sensitive to small targets.
Battery Life: Consider how long you'll be detecting in the field and ensure the detector's battery life aligns with your needs.
The Nokta Makro Invenio is known for its advanced technology and features that set it apart in the world of metal detectors. It is specifically designed for deep treasure hunting and archaeology applications. The Invenio is recognized for its unique imaging and discrimination capabilities.
- Depth: This metal detector can reach depths of up to 10-12 meters (33-40 feet) below the surface.
- Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR): The ground-penetrating radar device is the best thing about the Invenio. This technology lets people see the shape, size, and depth of items that are hidden. This is a very helpful way to decide if a target is worth looking for.
- 3D Imaging: With the Invenio, you can see the targets below the ground in 3D. This function helps users see how items are arranged and how they are facing.
Discrimination and Target ID: It has sophisticated features that help users tell the difference between valuable things and junk metals. You can set it up to avoid certain types of metals or pay attention to certain target groups.
Wireless Headphones: The detector comes with wireless headphones so that you can move around while detecting without getting in the way.
Lightweight and Ergonomic Design: Even though the Invenio has a lot of high-tech features, it is intended to be light and easy to use for long periods.
Multiple Search Modes: It has different search modes, like all-metal mode and discrimination mode, so it can be used for different kinds of shooting.
- Large Color Display: The detector has a big, easy-to-read color screen that shows details about the objects and the ground in real time.
GPS Functionality: Some types of the Invenio may have GPS, which lets users mark their shooting spots and keep track of them.
Rechargeable Battery: The Invenio usually comes with a battery that can be charged so that it can be used for longer in the field.
The Fisher Gemini 3 is known for its capability to detect large metal objects at significant depths, making it a valuable tool for both professional treasure hunters and industrial applications like utility locating. It is a dual-mode, deep-seeking metal detector designed to provide accurate and reliable results in various soil and ground conditions.
Depth: The Gemini 3 has been expertly created to find deep objects; depending on ground mineralization and object size, targets may be detected 10 to 20 ft. Perfect for Cache Hunting and Relic Hunting. Small things can be found about 3 feet down, medium-sized things at 10 feet, and big things at 20 feet.
- Two-Box Design: The Fisher Gemini 3 is a two-box metal detector, which means it has a separate transmitter and receiver unit. This design allows for better target discrimination and enhanced depth capabilities compared to conventional metal detectors.
- Deep Detection: This detector is known for its impressive depth detection capabilities, often reaching several feet or even meters in depth for large targets. It excels at finding deeply buried objects that might be missed by other detectors.
- Dual Search Modes: The Gemini 3 typically offers two search modes: All-Metal and Pinpoint. The All-Metal mode detects all types of metals, while the Pinpoint mode helps you precisely locate and identify the target.
- Discrimination Control: It may include discrimination controls that allow you to filter out certain types of metals or unwanted targets, giving you the ability to focus on specific items.
- Visual and Audio Target Identification: The detector often provides both visual and audio feedback to help you identify the characteristics of detected targets. Visual indicators and audible signals assist in determining the type and size of the detected object.
- Large Search Coil: The Gemini 3 typically comes with a large search coil, which contributes to its depth capabilities and wide search coverage.
- Adjustable Sensitivity: Users can adjust the sensitivity settings to fine-tune the detector's performance according to the ground conditions and target size.
- Lightweight Design: Despite its powerful capabilities, the Fisher Gemini 3 is designed to be relatively lightweight and easy to handle during long detection sessions.
- Battery-Powered: The detector is usually powered by batteries, making it portable and suitable for use in remote areas.
- Adjustable Shaft Length: The shaft length is often adjustable, allowing users to customize it for their height and comfort.
The XP Xtrem Hunter XTR-115 is a powerful deep seeking attachment coil for the XP Deus II Metal Detector. It essentially turns the Deus II into a 2 Box metal detector to help you find hidden loot. This coil's innovative Fast Multifrequency (FMF) technology makes it safe and stable in a wide range of field situations.
- Depth: Reach up to 5meters (16 feet), uncovering the deepest targets.
- Technology: Fast Multi Frequency (FMF) technology, ensuring unparalleled performance with minimal ground noise.
- Easy to use- easy to transport: It is made to be used by one person, and its excellent movement makes it easy to discover.
- Weight: This lightweight tool, which weighs only 2.9 kg (6.4 lb), lets the person search for longer.
- Features: The XTREM HUNTER is made to be waterproof, so it can handle rain and other bad weather.
In the world of metal detecting, depth is an important factor that can have a big effect on how well you find lost treasures and historical items. OKM is a well-known company that is known for its advanced technology. It makes a variety of deep-seeking metal detectors that can be used for different tasks.
When picking a deep-seeking metal detector, you should think about your budget, what you want to use it for, how the ground is, and what features you want. Whether you're a treasure hunter, an archaeologist, or a geologist, having the right detector can greatly increase your chances of finding valuable and historically important items hidden deep below the surface. Explore the choices and feel confident when you go on your next metal finding trip.